Weekend Open Forum: What games have you replayed and why?

Although Steam and its ilk coax me into buying new games regularly, it's uncommon for me to beat them and it's even rarer that I take them for a second spin -- especially once I've abandoned them. However, for whatever reason, a handful of games still manage to hold my interest after five or more playthroughs.

I fire up Splinter Cell and Hitman several times a year and I've played through Chaos Theory half a dozen times since 2006ish. Collectively, I've beaten titles in those franchises more than 20 times. Similarly, on the multiplayer side, I've repeatedly revisited StarCraft (and now StarCraft II) for a month or so every year since 2002.

It seems I'm not alone here. Most gamers I've spoken with replay certain titles or series semi-regularly, whether for nostalgia or simply because they can't have the same experience elsewhere -- I believe the latter applies to my fondness of Splinter Cell and Hitman. Have you revisited any games several times, and if so, why?


Source : techspot[dot]com

Post a Comment

It's free
item